Briggs&Stratton 8hp 1 piece Flo-Jet venturi removal

Wanting to replace throttle shaft & bushings, got to remove venturi(she am stuck) to slip butterfly out of shaft. Anybody know good "no damage" way?
 

Attachments

  • S2010006.jpg
    S2010006.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 21
  • S2010005.jpg
    S2010005.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 21
If my poor memory serves me correctly, you need to tap the pin out that is in the 2 o'clock position from the fuel inlet nipple, from the bottom near the float hinge.
 
Here, I printed both of your pics and circled the pin areas. I was trying to figure out how to do it with "paint", but I don't want to waste all of that time. It looks like my printer cartridge petered out as well. But this is where the venture pin location as best as my old mind can remember..

DSCN6245.jpg
 
Thanx, Fish. Drifted that pin out but it don't hold venturi. I got it out by holding carb w/welch end down and hitting that end w/big soft face dead blow hammer.
 
Yeah, well that pin holds something in place, but It has been 20 years, so who knows. I tried doing a web search, but not much info there, old mower dudes are generally afraid of the internet and the new world order......

I am not, because I already know that I will burn in hell........So why not post away on the net?????
 
Back
Top