Briggs & Stratton 550 issue with fuel

Corobori

Forum Newbie
Threads
Winter just ended in my part of the world and I wanted (need) to use my lawnmover again.

As the fuel container was pretty dirty (I know I should have clean it up BEFORE storing the machine) I had to remove it to clean it up and put it back again.
I am not a mechanic at all but I thought that taking a picture BEFORE removing the container was going to help me. I made a wrong move by shooting it using my smartphone's camera and when I had to insert the container again I noticed that it wasn't good enough.

Anyway the situation is that the engine is firing off fine but revs are just going wild and to avoid an engine seizure I have to shut it down. The issue comes from a couple of springs that I know are misplaced. I searched the manufacturer's website to find a manual showing how those springs should look like but couldn't find a way.

Below are a couple of pictures showing the issue. Anybody around with the same engine could help me on this ?

Stratton550_1.jpg

Stratton550_2.jpg

jamesslcx

Threads
Corobori I will look at mine when I get home later and get back to you, my fuel tank is dirty and has some grass in it. I bought mine used last weekend and I wonder how the previous owner let grass into the tank, surely he did'nt mow with the cap off!??!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF

As you go into mowing season, we are going into storage season... so there will be some on both sides will gain from your post...
Go to this site: Small Engine Equipment Troubleshooting, Repairs and Safety
Scroll down to B&S carbs pictured on the left side... when you spot yours follow that link and it has all the linkage pictured.... Happy Mowing... :smile:KennyV

Corobori

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wonder how the previous owner let grass into the tank, surely he did'nt mow with the cap off!??!
Thanks for your help.
I didn't mow with the cap off but I found so much dirt in it I wonder how it got thru. Don't know. I didn't find grass ! :tongue: