Briggs & Stratton 18hp Vanguard alarm? (3 Beeps)

Cpuyleart

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1986 John Deere 318 lawn tractor that i bought new in 1986. I repowered it with a Briggs & Stratton 18hp Vanguard motor model# 356447 3079-G1 about 6 or 7 years ago.
The motor runs awesome, but in the last week I started getting a sequence of 3 load beeps and then a pause and then it repeats. It happens at lower RPM, I do not hear it when I am cutting grass at higher RPMs. I have never heard this alarm before and wasn’t sure if it is coming from the 318 or the Vanguard motor. The motor runs fine and I am not getting any warning lights on the dash. I checked the oil level and it it right up to the fill line. I went through the owners manual for the John Deere 318 tractor and there is no mention of an alarm. I also went through the limited documentation that I got with the motor (repower kit from Small Engine Warehouse) and it does not mention an alarm either.

Does anyone know if the Vanguard engine has an alarm on it and what the 3 beeps are telling me?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not to my knowledge, nothing in manual. I have had my 20h.p. Vanguard 11 years now. Either a city utility truck with a backup beeper or young neighbor boys are pulling a prank on you. School is out for the summer.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No alarms on Vanguard engines.

Born2Mow

Threads
You sure that isn't your cell phone ! :ROFLMAO: