Briggs intek v twin starts hard

Neo7

Threads
Not the main jets in the emulsion tube I took all that off to expose the other jets, it ran rich so I put another new Chinese carb on it except I used the stock choke plate because it has a single lever for choke and throttle, It has a different arm on it and flips it the other way, it starts right up and doesn't run rich now I think the choke plate function was messing me up from the get go.
Ok thanks for clarify that. I'll consider doing the same but I'm a bit reluctant because I've never had that engine idling and running as sweet as it does at the moment ... so might "let sleeping dog lay" lol!

Thanks for all the information ... You've done really well in such a short space of time ;-)

Yardstar

Threads
Ok thanks for clarify that. I'll consider doing the same but I'm a bit reluctant because I've never had that engine idling and running as sweet as it does at the moment ... so might "let sleeping dog lay" lol!

Thanks for all the information ... You've done really well in such a short space of time ;-)
Does your machine have a single choke/throttle? Have you checked your plastic intake manifold for leaks?

AVB

Threads
Not the main jets in the emulsion tube I took all that off to expose the other jets, it ran rich so I put another new Chinese carb on it except I used the stock choke plate because it has a single lever for choke and throttle, It has a different arm on it and flips it the other way, it starts right up and doesn't run rich now I think the choke plate function was messing me up from the get go.
Which it should have done considering that 1/16 is 1.5875 mm which is larger than either one of the main jets.

Neo7

Threads
Does your machine have a single choke/throttle?
Have you checked your plastic intake manifold for leaks?
No my carb has separate choke and throttle leavers and cables.
I threw away the plastic manifold (which was leaking somewhere!!) and bought an aluminium manifold, which is used on the professional series engines.... This took a bit of adaptation but worked well for me ;-)

Neo7

Threads
Which it should have done considering that 1/16 is 1.5875 mm which is larger than either one of the main jets.
Do you see any side effects from doing this?.... It kinda suggest there's a design flaw (like the plastic manifold) in B&S design specifications.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Adjust valves with engine cold per engine manual specs.