Briggs engine torque specs

Craiger482

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a B&S 24hp els that I am rebuilding. Where can I find torque specs for the vitals on this engine?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Give us the model numbers of the engine and which torque spec's you need and I can look them up.

Rayymann

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi im new on here and i was trying to find some torque specs my self i have a 23hp intek that broke a rod and i just got my new one in the mail and need the torque specs for rod and head gasket engine numbers are 4455771187B1 i have looked everywhere i know can not find any torque specs thanks

Rayymann

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok thanks you so much thats exactly what i needed

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I work on a lot of different brands, models, and different equipment. Yes if I can find a service manual I go by the torque specs in it. I also find I don't have that luxury on everything I work on. What I have done is made up a written torque chart with all different sizes and grade hardware. I have used this chart a lot when working with aluminum housings and head gaskets. Also a lot of the common sizes I just remember. By doing it this way I have never had any problems like striped outs unless the threads are already bad. I have found on hardware that a nut is on the other end or spark plugs I just use common sense and can tighten by feel. Just out of habit for some reason I alway torque wheel nuts, studs or bolts?