Briggs carb, what is this opening for?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The gasket and carburetor in this discussion are both is a newer design; therefore, the cloners haven't gotten into making them as much here in the US but places like a HK supplier of mine does have them for 0.156 ea usd. The problem is it takes nearly two months to get them so they have to be a stock order of size keeps them in stock for quick delivery. If ordering them from from a local distributor then we have to buy at a convenience price. This just a matter of supply and demand.

This particular gasket and filter base I don't have much of a history with but the earlier design the filter base is highly prone to warping and usually requires a modify wedge gasket setup using two gaskets so I need to stock twice as many gaskets.

It is just like the Zama and Walbro carburetor repair kits that I stock. If I only order them on a as needed basic I would need to pay a premium price for them which currently Stihl wants a premium on top of a premium price for the Zama kits. What worst is Stihl is having Zama to purge as much info from their system as they can and Stihl is using their own SKU number system to further hind the RB kits from us. An example is the RB161 kit. The local Stihl dealer fetches $23 for the kit when I can get them for 1.45 ea when I buy 10 ea out of HK. Of course I charge less for those kits although it is still around $10. This covers the shipping and storage of the parts locally. I make and the customer saves money so we both are happy; otherwords, a good deal for both of us.