Briggs carb question

glenn2

Threads
What is the white nozzle/connector for in the picture. When I press the primer it shoots petrol out onto the mower.
I cant see any way it connects anywhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223-180140_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223-180140_Firefox.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 3

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is an unused primer connector the doesn't exist. Sounds like other carb issue

smalltimerpm

Threads
Plastic carbs! Gotta love that invention! And yes the little white part served its purpose as well as the carb did.

glenn2

Threads
It is an unused primer connector the doesn't exist. Sounds like other carb issue
You say unused but on mine it squirts petrol all over the mower. If I put my finger over it and press the primer its hard to push.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You say unused but on mine it squirts petrol all over the mower. If I put my finger over it and press the primer its hard to push.
There should be no fuel present at that location The primer should be pushing air. And yes that little fitting has a small hole in it for a primer hose for a remove primer but that system doesn't exist on at least Briggs engines. So you either have an issue with the carb overfilling with fuel and filling the primer with fuel which it shouldn't or something else is wrong with the carb.

glenn2

Threads
There should be no fuel present at that location The primer should be pushing air. And yes that little fitting has a small hole in it for a primer hose for a remove primer but that system doesn't exist on at least Briggs engines. So you either have an issue with the carb overfilling with fuel and filling the primer with fuel which it shouldn't or something else is wrong with the carb.
Ok cheers