briggs and stratton engine starts and runs fine but will not rev past about 2500rpm

rubaroc

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / briggs and stratton engine starts and runs fine but will not rev past about 2500rpm
hi my lawnflite 503 start, run and ticks over fine,but will not rev beyond about 2500rpm, i have replaced fuel,fuel filter,air filter,spark plug,and fitted a brand new carb........
anyone have any more ideas please

Threads
  • / briggs and stratton engine starts and runs fine but will not rev past about 2500rpm
How are you checking your RPMS ???

If you had a fine running engine and changed the carb then you are chasing your tail to get it running faster.......

You mentioned it was a Briggs and Stratton............. I don't know what HP engine you have or the model number of it, but there is a very simple way to do a RPM adjustment on all of the 3 to 7 HP engines...

I would use a tachometer to do the adjustment right though......

Let us know what you have...

A model number will help a lot .........

rubaroc

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi,im just guessing the rpm. it increases off tick over then sounds like its choking up, then throttlel back and it ticks ever fine the model number is 1490702 i changed carb because when i took it apart to clean i noticed main jet was stuck and a bit mashed up...and i think its a 13.5 hp..........thanks

rubaroc

Forum Newbie
Threads
any thoughts anyone....i,m stumped!!!

rubaroc

Forum Newbie
Threads
does this mean every one is stumpt too

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Everybody is waiting on the actual model number of the engine, as an actual rpm reading from a tach. RPM is not something that you guess on.

rubaroc

Forum Newbie
Threads
i will have to rephrase because of some dick...i ment it revs slightly and the number on previuse post is model number as stamped on rocker cover

Threads
That is not the right number you posted......... Calling people a dick will get you booted out of here... IL engine is one of the best techs on this site !!!!

You need help, so cuss words won't get you any help ~!~!