Briggs and Stratton Cr950 Shuts down

hofty

Forum Newbie
Threads
Short and to the point

3 year old pressure washer. 208cc CR950 motor.

- Oil changed frequently (10-15hours of use)
- Carburetor cleaned. All jets, bowl, needle etc cleaned through.
- Checked fuel delivery and has a good flow thru the needle port
- Engine runs for 2 minutes and shuts down
- Motor starts and idling fine. Then begins to hunt more and more until it shuts off. This takes 1min 45- 2 minutes each time.

No idea what the issue may be. Advice?

Last edited:

hofty

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok. I fixed it. I thought about the issue more. Hunting and then dying is always a sign of fuel starvation. I used screwdriver. Opened shut off valve. Closed it up. Let fuel flush whatever was stuck in there. It doesn't hunt. It now runs like a sailor in rum. Works great and life is grand.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Be thankful it was that simple. Last week ran across of the CR950 that needed an ignition coil. Briggs would not provide even a part number for one. Saying the engine was built by one of their sub contractors and they were not providing any parts since they are no longer in existence.

ChrisBFRPKY

Threads
The CR950 looks an awful lot like a Chinese clone engine. You may want to compare the coil to one found on a Chinese Honda clone engine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well i Briggs can't their dealers and equipment there is no point just wasting my time and money on a customer's machine just to not get paid. Dropping my Briggs dealership.

ChrisBFRPKY

Threads
Don't blame you a bit. When US manufacturers start importing Chinese parts and remarking with their brand name, I skip them completely and just buy it straight from China. Middlemen are not required.