Export thread

briggs and stratton 650E series engine

V

vincecoco

Hello I have a Rover 12A-E10V633 lawnmower fitted with a briggs and stratton 650E series engine 190cc I purchased this secondhand and would like to give it a service, I fitted a new genuine air filter changed oil, the spark plug that was fitted is a NGK B2-LM would anyone know is this the right spark for this engine

I

ILENGINE

Looks like flat head or what is referred to as an L head engine. So I believe the current recommendation is the BR2LM but the B2LM should be fine, but according to another thread on this forum another person had issues with using the non-resistor style plugs and having misfire issues.

V

vincecoco

Looks like flat head or what is referred to as an L head engine. So I believe the current recommendation is the BR2LM but the B2LM should be fine, but according to another thread on this forum another person had issues with using the non-resistor style plugs and having misfire issues.
Thank you

S

slomo

I tried both resistor and non in a 3.5hp Briggs horizontal. No difference found, for THAT engine at least. Use OEM recommended plug to be safe.

slomo

S

slomo

Post up your engine numbers so we can look up your proper spark plug.

slomo

I

ILENGINE

@slomo In case the OP doesn't come back with the model numbers, my research shows it to be a Quantum style engine.

S

slomo

Hello I have a Rover 12A-E10V633 lawnmower fitted with a briggs and stratton 650E series engine 190cc I purchased this secondhand and would like to give it a service, I fitted a new genuine air filter changed oil, the spark plug that was fitted is a NGK B2-LM would anyone know is this the right spark for this engine
Can you post the engine numbers so we can look up your spark plug?

slomo

B

bertsmobile1

Newer B & S engines use BR2LM the R being resistor.
I should run on both but will run a little better on the R plug.