Briggs 3.5 hp Classic

buster01

Forum Newbie
I have a mower as stated above, Model 9D902 Type 2005B2 Code 0111155

I need guidance in setting up the carb linkages/springs. When running the motor idles good, at high idle the rpm increases but I can hear a soft backfire. I removed the air cleaner and when I move the throttle lever clockwise I get a better rpm.

This makes me think I connected the linkages incorrectly. This motor is off a lawn mower (yes I changed the flywheel) and does the job good. A good picture reply is appreciated.

Thank,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • Briggs Carb 001.jpg
    Briggs Carb 001.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Briggs Carb 002.jpg
    Briggs Carb 002.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 22
Ok. From your pic they don't look too bad to me. But I'm not 100%. I'll look at mine tomorrow and see if it'll help any. .
 
Hi again,
I found a diagram for my carb (#52) in attachment. I also found out where the extra spring goes...
My next question is: when running the motor I hear a very faint or soft backfire/missing. Any suggestions on how to eliminate this?
 

Attachments

  • Briggs carbs.jpg
    Briggs carbs.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 15
Hi again,
I found a diagram for my carb (#52) in attachment. I also found out where the extra spring goes...
My next question is: when running the motor I hear a very faint or soft backfire/missing. Any suggestions on how to eliminate this?

What exhaust is fitted to it as I cant see on the pictures.
If its a round one and it sounds like a "putt" noise now and again then its the just the normal sound of the engine.
They changed the exhaust to a rectangle low tone exhaust to try and sort this noise.
 
Back
Top