Briggs 14hp IC not running right

Divot

Threads
I purchased a junk snapper riding mower for 75 bucks as a winter project many years ago . I had the same problem and went through about everything until I stumbled across a video and saw a guy (probably taryl fixes all) where he adjusted rpm’s by bending the plate that attached to the governor spring This was a Briggs 14 IC engine. I had exhausted every idea and this fixed it perfectly

Denali94

Forum Newbie
Threads
had to get a Chinese one.
Lordy you guys crack me up. 99% of you would not know where a part was made unless it was stamped on the part, the box or some other prominent location.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Lordy you guys crack me up. 99% of you would not know where a part was made unless it was stamped on the part, the box or some other prominent location.
Quality control processes are generally different.

Denali94

Forum Newbie
Threads
Quality control processes are generally different.
Not disputing that issue. Just commenting that 99% of these folks could not identify the country of origin without some markings. And yet the flatware they use to feed their families is made offshore and they have never heard of Sherrill, New York.

Forest#2

Threads
You say:
Ordered a oem Walbro. Will update when i get it and install it. Thank guys!

If you ordered a NEW replacement carb using the Walbro part number do not be surprised and get too depressed if you get a Nikki or even a Nikki clone, BECAUSE Nikki's are the replacements for thw Walbro's using the Walbro Briggs parts number.
Type in your part number in the search box on-line and look at the picture and most generally it's not a Walbro in the picture, but the replacement carb will most generally bolt on as a replacement as a generic clone.

davis2

Threads
Not disputing that issue. Just commenting that 99% of these folks could not identify the country of origin without some markings. And yet the flatware they use to feed their families is made offshore and they have never heard of Sherrill, New York.
I have. Used to live near there. I think someone bought the Oneida name, so they were Sherrill Mfg. last I knew.

Denali94

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have. Used to live near there. I think someone bought the Oneida name, so they were Sherrill Mfg. last I knew.
Give that man a cigar. I too used to live near there. Yes, the Oneida name is gone, they are now Liberty Tabletop. Liberty Tabletop Flatware is made by Sherrill Manufacturing, the only flatware manufacturer in the U.S.A. And the only flatware used by my extended family.

Chris_feldk

Threads
Carb came, it is genuine Walbro (has the logo and part numbers and Briggs stamp on it) and is made in Mexico not China. Threw it on as well as new intake o rings. Still runs like garbage and falls on its face anytime you pull it wide open and only getting up to 2200 Rpm and that’s with my finger holding the throttle wide open the governor never pulls it back. adjusted the valves again and still no luck. So at this point it still runs like garbage after a new gapped spark plug, valves adjusted, I’ve tried 4 different carbs adjusted the coil gap, new intake o rings and fuel filter. At this point im just throwing spaghetti at the wall and praying it sticks. I’m going to try a compression test next Or pull the head and see if something is wrong there or with the valves or valve seats.