Briggs 10HP Vanguard engine

fran3412

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 10 HP vanguard engine . Part number 382404 . I need to rebuild the carburetor (Nikki P/N 797320) but I am unable to find this part number anywhere.
I have searched Briggs site but these part numbers are unknown. A general search of the internet shows no results. I am at a loss . I am even willing to buy new but cannot. Any help would be appreciated.

bdschnak

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 10 HP vanguard engine . Part number 382404 . I need to rebuild the carburetor (Nikki P/N 797320) but I am unable to find this part number anywhere.
I have searched Briggs site but these part numbers are unknown. A general search of the internet shows no results. I am at a loss . I am even willing to buy new but cannot. Any help would be appreciated.
Any luck with this? I am having same issue.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
engines don't have part numbers, they have model numbers. usually stamped around the spark plug or on the OHV Valve cover.

cdub1776

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found this thread in a google search, but looks to be incomplete. I need a whole replacement carb.

I have codes but need to know how to identify which carb I need. Looks like there were 2 for this engine.
Engine: 19L237-013-F1
Serial #: 15 0702 68 91544

Carb stamped:
G025A7

Briggs is showing...
125 being ref number: 84004885 Used Before Code Date 18112600
125A ref number: 84003204 Used After Code Date 18112500

Any of you fine gents help me identify which carb I need? Are aftermarket carbs for these Briggs engines good? If I can save a couple bucks that'd be alright with me. Thanks

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Aftermarket carbs are 50/50...
To identify the correct carb, you need the date code of the engine, it should be stamped near where you found the model number and is a series of numbers that identifies the day,month,year and assembly plant the engine was made.

cdub1776

Forum Newbie
Threads
Aftermarket carbs are 50/50...
To identify the correct carb, you need the date code of the engine, it should be stamped near where you found the model number and is a series of numbers that identifies the day,month,year and assembly plant the engine was made.
It's a QR code labeled "power code" now. I know what you're referring to though. I had to scan that to get the engine model, type, trim. Nothing on the block or valve cover. This engine is on a bigger Cyclone yard vac. I'm stumped. Was hoping the serial number would give me something. Literally the only other thing on the sticker besides the QR code. I know the engine is more than 4 years old. I'm going to the shop to double check that valve cover again just to be certain.

Last edited:

cdub1776

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a QR code labeled "power code" now. I know what you're referring to though. I had to scan that to get the engine model, type, trim. Nothing on the block or valve cover. This engine is on a bigger Cyclone yard vac. I'm stumped. Was hoping the serial number would give me something. Literally the only other thing on the sticker besides the QR code. I know the engine is more than 4 years old. I'm going to the shop to double check that valve cover again just to be certain.
So I did find another sticker (Emission Control Information) under the pull rope assembly.

Model Year 2015 Displacement: 305cc 382404
DOM July 2015
Exh Family: FBSXS .3052HB
Evp Family: CMH2 FBSXPNHEQMH2

Nothing on the valve cover like every other Briggs I've seen