Export thread

Briggs 10HP Vanguard engine

F

fran3412

I have a 10 HP vanguard engine . Part number 382404 . I need to rebuild the carburetor (Nikki P/N 797320) but I am unable to find this part number anywhere.
I have searched Briggs site but these part numbers are unknown. A general search of the internet shows no results. I am at a loss . I am even willing to buy new but cannot. Any help would be appreciated.

B

bdschnak

I have a 10 HP vanguard engine . Part number 382404 . I need to rebuild the carburetor (Nikki P/N 797320) but I am unable to find this part number anywhere.
I have searched Briggs site but these part numbers are unknown. A general search of the internet shows no results. I am at a loss . I am even willing to buy new but cannot. Any help would be appreciated.
Any luck with this? I am having same issue.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

engines don't have part numbers, they have model numbers. usually stamped around the spark plug or on the OHV Valve cover.

M

mechanic mark

Post engine model # xxxxxx, type xxxx, trim xx, code xxxxxxx.

C

cdub1776

Found this thread in a google search, but looks to be incomplete. I need a whole replacement carb.

I have codes but need to know how to identify which carb I need. Looks like there were 2 for this engine.
Engine: 19L237-013-F1
Serial #: 15 0702 68 91544

Carb stamped:
G025A7

Briggs is showing...
125 being ref number: 84004885 Used Before Code Date 18112600
125A ref number: 84003204 Used After Code Date 18112500

Any of you fine gents help me identify which carb I need? Are aftermarket carbs for these Briggs engines good? If I can save a couple bucks that'd be alright with me. Thanks

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Aftermarket carbs are 50/50...
To identify the correct carb, you need the date code of the engine, it should be stamped near where you found the model number and is a series of numbers that identifies the day,month,year and assembly plant the engine was made.

C

cdub1776

Aftermarket carbs are 50/50...
To identify the correct carb, you need the date code of the engine, it should be stamped near where you found the model number and is a series of numbers that identifies the day,month,year and assembly plant the engine was made.
It's a QR code labeled "power code" now. I know what you're referring to though. I had to scan that to get the engine model, type, trim. Nothing on the block or valve cover. This engine is on a bigger Cyclone yard vac. I'm stumped. Was hoping the serial number would give me something. Literally the only other thing on the sticker besides the QR code. I know the engine is more than 4 years old. I'm going to the shop to double check that valve cover again just to be certain.

C

cdub1776

It's a QR code labeled "power code" now. I know what you're referring to though. I had to scan that to get the engine model, type, trim. Nothing on the block or valve cover. This engine is on a bigger Cyclone yard vac. I'm stumped. Was hoping the serial number would give me something. Literally the only other thing on the sticker besides the QR code. I know the engine is more than 4 years old. I'm going to the shop to double check that valve cover again just to be certain.
So I did find another sticker (Emission Control Information) under the pull rope assembly.

Model Year 2015 Displacement: 305cc 382404
DOM July 2015
Exh Family: FBSXS .3052HB
Evp Family: CMH2 FBSXPNHEQMH2

Nothing on the valve cover like every other Briggs I've seen