Brand new Kawasaki spitten and spuddering

clutchrod934

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hustler X-ONE with Kawasaki FX850V engine with 6 hours.Starts up fine , turn blades on and after 10 minutes of cutting the engine starts spuddering so I turn pto off ,pull choke and eventually it will even out again.As long as no load is on it it runs great but put a load on it and it skips.I have drained fuel but that didnt help. Are these kawasaki coils prone to break down. any help is appreciated

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Call your dealer, it should still be under warranty, and if you mess with anything that may void your warranty.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hustler X-ONE with Kawasaki FX850V engine with 6 hours.Starts up fine , turn blades on and after 10 minutes of cutting the engine starts spuddering so I turn pto off ,pull choke and eventually it will even out again.As long as no load is on it it runs great but put a load on it and it skips.I have drained fuel but that didnt help. Are these kawasaki coils prone to break down. any help is appreciated
I feel for you. I have a 2021 Gravely Pro Turn 160 at the dealer now. This is the second trip. It has a Yamaha engine instead of a Kawasaki. Mine will slow down and eventually die. Yes, take it back to the dealer for warranty work.

Carl.Cook

Threads
Has it been resolved, if so what was the problem? I also have a Hustler X-One with a similar problem from a Kawasaki FX850V with 2.9 hr. Mine was running fine then started running rough with noise, which I assumed was something picked up by the blades. I disengaged the PTO and tried to move it to the garage but it died. Restarted but it continued to run rough with black smoke and would not advance RPM. It seemed to be running rich but would not clear up and the noise had stopped. After about 10 minutes it started a loud noise with more smoke but white smoke this time. I assumed it broke a ring because my oil dipstick also had the smell of gas. It is at the dealer now.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are these engines fuel injected?

Carl.Cook

Threads
Are these engines fuel injected?
My Hustler X-One with Kawasaki FX850V is not fuel injected. I strongly feel it is a broken ring which allowed fuel to leak into the oil.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Broken rings allow the charge to bypass the piston and pressureize the crankcase thus you get more fume pumping out the breather tube and the cylinder is down substantially on power
A failed float valve is what puts fuel into the crank case & dillutes the oil

Lawn Addict
Threads
FWIW: My 2021 Kawasaki 651V carbed engine runs superb.. Even uses less gas than the 2014 same 651V carbed engine I had.. I realize they have to "Lean" them out more to meet latest EPA bs.