Brand new HRX217K6HZA hot start issues

ClippingCollector954

Forum Newbie
Threads
So today I unpack my long awaited HRX217K6HZA. I get it all set up per the manual (oil,gas,handle and deck height). I pop in the key.. turn it on.. purrs like a kitten. Engage the blade and drive and I’m off to the races. Mow my tall , thick , wet grass in record time. All is great. I shut the machine down… come back like 20 minutes later to start it back up.. electric start tries.. then dies..(blows the fuse). So then I try pull starting it and it is almost impossible to turn the engine. And at this point the blades are disengaged so nothing should be stopping the engine from spinning. Finally I try to start it with the blades engaged, it’s starts.. but I had to pull VERY hard on the pull cord. I tried replacing the electric start fuse and it just blew again because the engine is so hard to start. Any ideas on what could be causing the mower to barely pull start with the blades engaged only? Pulling without the blades engaged is basically impossible.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take it back.
Honda are good with their warranty service unless you have been fiddleing with it

activelife92

Threads
Were you able to get this fixed? I have the same mower without electric start. It sounds like we have the same issue, very hard to pull and start.

ClippingCollector954

Forum Newbie
Threads
Were you able to get this fixed? I have the same mower without electric start. It sounds like we have the same issue, very hard to pull and start.
Took it to the local Honda dealership. They said there was metal shavings in the oil and accused me of running it with no oil. I picked it up and returned it to Home Depot and ordered another one.

activelife92

Threads
Took it to the local Honda dealership. They said there was metal shavings in the oil and accused me of running it with no oil. I picked it up and returned it to Home Depot and ordered another one.
I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully the new one has been problem free!

My dealer said it is likely an issue with the compression release. There is an updated parts kit that they have ordered to repair it. Fingers crossedb