Brake disc slipping

Donalyn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Sears lT3000 lawn tractor model number 917.28851 with hydrostatic trans.
The brake disc has stripped its gear where it sits on the axle. Where can I get an OEM or replacement disc brake that will fit snugly on the spline.
Now once the brake pads engage the disc it continues to spin, thus no braking.
called parts direct and they are not sure their $70 replacement disc is the right one.
Any ideas where to get a replacement.
Apparently based on modle number this tractor was the last year Husquavarna made parts for Sears lawn tractors

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Brake parts for the hydro will come from the manufacture of the hydro. Get the model no. off the hydro and may be able to look it up through hydro manufacture.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most of the 917.28851 series came with Tuff Torq K46 series transaxle and didn't have brake disc rotor external to the transaxle. Sound like you might have a 917.288517 with the Hydro Gear T2-CDBE-5X1A-18C1 transaxle. If so boy what ripoff using the Husqvarna PN 583335401; use Hydro Gear PN 52473 instead.

Might still need the motor shaft but I awaiting on Hydro Gear for an IPL of the unit.

Last edited:

Donalyn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks
More than enough info to start on this project

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Shaft, Motor for the T2-CDBE-5X1A-18C1 is PN 52467.

Donalyn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Star tech. You guys are incredible. Once I order the brake parts we shall see.
if the shaft is bad( although gear looks good) I will go to plan B.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Sears lT3000 lawn tractor model number 917.28851 with hydrostatic trans.
The brake disc has stripped its gear where it sits on the axle. Where can I get an OEM or replacement disc brake that will fit snugly on the spline.
Now once the brake pads engage the disc it continues to spin, thus no braking.
called parts direct and they are not sure their $70 replacement disc is the right one.
Any ideas where to get a replacement.
Apparently based on modle number this tractor was the last year Husquavarna made parts for Sears lawn tractors
If the disc still spins and the brakes are applied sounds like the brakes just need adjusting.The disc is suppose to float on the shaft so as the brake pads wear the rotor can move with it so it will still brake.