Bobcat ZT 331 issue

RidgeRunnerTC

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a bobcat zt 331 mower. When I engage the mower the engine shuts off. I have no obstructions in the blades. I checked the seat shut off switch and it seems to be working. any ideas I suspect its a safety switch but I am not sure where they all are Thanks

RidgeRunnerTC

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a bobcat zt 331 mower. When I engage the mower the engine shuts off. I have no obstructions in the blades. I checked the seat shut off switch and it seems to be working. any ideas I suspect its a safety switch but I am not sure where they all are Thanks

no one have any ideas on this?????? I replaced the seat safety switch and the brake safety switch and pto switch Im not sure how many safety cut off switches it has. mower runs fine but as soon as the mower pto is engaged it kills the motor

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well we only know what you tell us and in this case it is not much.
Mower model & serial numbers help those in the trade to access the "secret information" files to see if there is a recall notices or service bulletin.
Engine make model & serial umbers help plebs like myself search for other information.

Information like what switches you replaced, & where you got them from allows us to get a better handle on your problem as there are only 18 double safety switches most look the same but a lot are wired differently
Owners who are not familiar buy ones that look the same but oft don't work the same or sometimes have holes in the wrong place & don't work at all when installed.

Safety switches are wired in pairs then the pairs wired in parallel to the kill wire.
Seat + PTO
Seat + brake
Brake + lap bars.
With the engine off you should be able to engage the blades when sitting in the seat but not if the seat is vacant.
If not double check it, you should hear the blade clutch kick in with the IGN turned to the on position.
If not you have
1) wrong PTO switch
2) Wrong seatswitch
3) Problem with either one
4) Problem with the wiring between them.

Next step is to remove the blower housing then remove the kill wire to the module ( generic as you did not reveal what motor is in there )
Start the mower & engage the blades.
Everything works OK your problem is in the safety switch wiring.
Mower cuts out = problem with the solenoid / regulator- rectifrier / battery clutch.

Sumigeshi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Know this is an old post but in case it helps someone in the future, I have a bunton bztc61 , 1600 hours, started doing the same. Ended up being the key switch . Could wiggle the ground wire at the switch and it would work great, until it didn’t, then I would give another wiggle Until I got a replacement switch. Would also shut off sometimes when the brake was released, same thing, wiggle the ground at the switch.