Blown fuse

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Kinda pointing to the SI controller failing but I be disconnecting systems at the controller in case it is a frayed wire in between the controller and the component.

MDBurr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I want to thank you for your replies and all of the suggestions and information and having tried most of the suggestion and all I know, I'm throwing in the towel.
It's loaded in the trailer and heading to the dealership tomorrow or next day. I'll report back on what they find and again, thank you.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Yes keep us all posted on the final outcome, what was done to fix it and specifically details on why & what was causing the fuse the blow.

Lastly.....yeah the following advice is too late but "never" spray water on a ZT mower to clean it......NEVER-EVER!

(only under the deck-blades, etc. for cleaning)

As you have now found out....that only leads to electrical problems on your ZT mower.

MDBurr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mr Mower,
Update on what the dealer\ repair found on my fuse blowing hustler raptor.
After a week they called and said it was fixed, said they replaced the ignition switch.
Something I had done that made no difference so I put the old one back in and returned the other.
They assured me it now worked, they had driven and started it and felt that was it.
I went to pick up and it started and drove into the trailer, shut it off but felt it needed to move forward because of trailer weigh.
Went to start it and the 30 amp fuse popped instead of the 10 amp, opened the rubber fuse holder and the fuse fell out. Concluded a loose fuse caused it to blow, put a new one in and all was good again.
Unloaded at home and ran it into the garag, next day was dry enough to mow so drove it out and let it warm up while policed the lawn for dog surprises. Go to get on and it dies with a blown 30 amp fuse.
Next day back to the dealer, 3 mechanics spent the next 2+ hours working on my wiring and found the switch where the removable steel pin goes into the deck for securing to flip the front end up had a skinned wire just below the switch.
A switch I didn’t know was there, hidden from sight, intermittent touching the fram and appeared the switch wire hung down and made contact with the belt or pulley When the deck was raised or lowered or vibration when running.
Still don’t understand the moving from 10 amp to the 30 amp fuse but upon asking how much I owed and being told I’d went through enough, a quick thank you and 50 mile later unloaded and mowed.
thank you for all your suggestion.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Good for you!

Glad you got it going/working again! (y)

s@ts1946

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mr Mower,
Update on what the dealer\ repair found on my fuse blowing hustler raptor.
After a week they called and said it was fixed, said they replaced the ignition switch.
Something I had done that made no difference so I put the old one back in and returned the other.
They assured me it now worked, they had driven and started it and felt that was it.
I went to pick up and it started and drove into the trailer, shut it off but felt it needed to move forward because of trailer weigh.
Went to start it and the 30 amp fuse popped instead of the 10 amp, opened the rubber fuse holder and the fuse fell out. Concluded a loose fuse caused it to blow, put a new one in and all was good again.
Unloaded at home and ran it into the garag, next day was dry enough to mow so drove it out and let it warm up while policed the lawn for dog surprises. Go to get on and it dies with a blown 30 amp fuse.
Next day back to the dealer, 3 mechanics spent the next 2+ hours working on my wiring and found the switch where the removable steel pin goes into the deck for securing to flip the front end up had a skinned wire just below the switch.
A switch I didn’t know was there, hidden from sight, intermittent touching the fram and appeared the switch wire hung down and made contact with the belt or pulley When the deck was raised or lowered or vibration when running.
Still don’t understand the moving from 10 amp to the 30 amp fuse but upon asking how much I owed and being told I’d went through enough, a quick thank you and 50 mile later unloaded and mowed.
thank you for all your suggestion.
Thank you so much for not only going into detail what has been happening with your hustler flipup but also for coming back and explaining what the problem ended up being.
My friend had the same exact problem, and with us just about doing everything you did I finally did more research and saw your post.
I just knew there had to be another safety switch but never looked enough to find it. Your post not only told us what the problem was but also got me looking much closer to that area.
The wiring loom and the wires got rubbed by the pulley and shorted them out. Of course that would continue to pop the fuse. Hustler needs to come out with a better way of protecting those wires. They are to close to the pulley and belts. We have done our best to move it again and add more wire ties.
Well thank you again for helping us with your post. We really appreciate it. 310941D1-169C-40FA-B5CE-28AC741F431D.jpeg

MDBurr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you so much for not only going into detail what has been happening with your hustler flipup but also for coming back and explaining what the problem ended up being.
My friend had the same exact problem, and with us just about doing everything you did I finally did more research and saw your post.
I just knew there had to be another safety switch but never looked enough to find it. Your post not only told us what the problem was but also got me looking much closer to that area.
The wiring loom and the wires got rubbed by the pulley and shorted them out. Of course that would continue to pop the fuse. Hustler needs to come out with a better way of protecting those wires. They are to close to the pulley and belts. We have done our best to move it again and add more wire ties.
Well thank you again for helping us with your post. We really appreciate it. View attachment 62894
I’m very glad to have helped.

shadetree#1

Threads
You might consider these for use when trying to locate a overload or short.
resettable ckt breakers

Gloaso Manual Reset Fuses Circuit Breaker Low Profile ATC Fuse Breakers E39 5A 10A 15A 20A 25A 30A for 12V 24V DC Car Boat RV Solar​

shadetree#1

Threads

Gloaso Manual Reset Fuses Circuit Breaker Low Profile ATC Fuse Breakers E39 5A 10A 15A 20A 25A 30A for 12V 24V DC Car Boat RV Solar​

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
YEs I use them for diagnosis only and have 2 of each size in my mobile tool kit
However I tries fitting them in customers mowers but found they were not robust enough and they all failed within a couple of years.