Blower and vac system issue

BWH

Threads
That sounds like a good move I just don't know what else to try, I was vacuuming leaves yesterday also in fact they were so deep at times they come up over the front of the deck but it was perfectly clear behind. The only place where it has a tendency to blow some debris around is on the driveway when I try to clean that up it picks up a lot of the leaves but there is some air that escapes the deck without being in the lawn.

I believe the Woods decks are basically the same as Grasshopper as I remember the early model decks were not as deep as my current 61" deck which is 5.5" deep, I believe my 1990's decks were 4" in depth Grasshopper says the deeper decks enhances air flow.

Polaris192

Forum Newbie
Threads
That sounds like a good move I just don't know what else to try, I was vacuuming leaves yesterday also in fact they were so deep at times they come up over the front of the deck but it was perfectly clear behind. The only place where it has a tendency to blow some debris around is on the driveway when I try to clean that up it picks up a lot of the leaves but there is some air that escapes the deck without being in the lawn.

I believe the Woods decks are basically the same as Grasshopper as I remember the early model decks were not as deep as my current 61" deck which is 5.5" deep, I believe my 1990's decks were 4" in depth Grasshopper says the deeper decks enhances air flow.
Turns out I was incorrect. The deck does not have a mulching kit, only the standard rear baffles. I am really lost now. I took the blower off to see if it made a difference, but it was the same blow out. Not sure what to do. I am not confident the dealer would know either.

Polaris192

Forum Newbie
Threads
Turns out I was incorrect. The deck does not have a mulching kit, only the standard rear baffles. I am really lost now. I took the blower off to see if it made a difference, but it was the same blow out. Not sure what to do. I am not confident the dealer would know either.

BWH

Threads
I’m at a loss at this point but I have one more thought, is the blower speed correct? A few units ago I had a 1992 612 Grasshopper without a bagger, I needed a bagger and found a never used blower/hopper reasonable it took some modifications to get the power unit on blade #3 but got her going. It worked ok but I did have to watch for the tube plugging. The real problem was in the spring when the grass has the most moisture it would plug the tube very easily, later that spring I was changing the blower on my brothers 718 and noticed the power pulley on blade #3 was a larger diameter. Long story short I bought a larger pulley and installed it, that completely cured my grass plugging the tube problem. I seriously can’t remember how it acted on leaves but in 1992 my trees were 10’ tall without many leaves.

just thinking where you put the Grasshopper blower on the Woods mower possibly you have a pulley mismatch like I did. I thought mine had good air flow and howl but it was 100% different mower after.

Polaris192

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks I will definitely look up the correct pulley and check. You might be on to something. Thank you!