Blades won't disengage

Doepee

Forum Newbie
Threads
John Deere 125 riding mower. I just replaced the deck with a new one. Exactly the same setup as the old one. For some reason the blades are not fully disengaging now. The engage / disengage lever is moving harder than it used to. I'm wondering if it's just that there's a new belt that will stretch, or if there's some other kind of adjustment I need to make. Advice is much appreciated. Thanks !

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing to triple check, is the belt routed properly? Second, did you get the correct belt? Have someone what the engage belt with the engine off and your watching what is happening. Can’t find anything wrong, try installing the old belt and see if it makes a difference. If you need more help tell us which size deck you have.

Doepee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good suggestion on the old belt. I will do that. The new belt was already attached to the new deck... from John Deere, so I just assume it's the right size. All I had to do was plug and play... everything was already together from the warehouse, so if anything is wonky, John Deere did it ;-) 42" cut is the deck size. The mower is a 2007 model 125 automatic.