Blade sharpening

I agree about 40 vs 60, but they didn't have any 40 grit, and believe it or not, the Dewalt 60 cut faster than the off brand 40 grit from Amazon. Don't get me wrong, the off brand did work, but they glazed over too fast, making 75-80% of the disc unusable.
I'll look for Dewalt 40 grit online.
I did 27 blades on Friday. The Norton 40 grit gave out before I could finish. I happened to have a new Bauer 40 grit from Harbor Freight and finished up. The Bauer seems to be fine and cheaper too.
 
I did 27 blades on Friday. The Norton 40 grit gave out before I could finish. I happened to have a new Bauer 40 grit from Harbor Freight and finished up. The Bauer seems to be fine and cheaper too.
Ww. I've never done that many. I usually keep 8-10 sets on hand, as I change my blades almost every day. Catch up on sharpening and balancing about once a week. Found Forney on Amazon, and also some Dewalt 36 grit. Gonna order a couple of each and see how they work.
 
Ww. I've never done that many. I usually keep 8-10 sets on hand, as I change my blades almost every day. Catch up on sharpening and balancing about once a week. Found Forney on Amazon, and also some Dewalt 36 grit. Gonna order a couple of each and see how they work.
I need a sharp set after about 12 hours of cutting.
 
Being down here in Texas drought country, I am glad I don't have to cut my property very often. Weed control is my main reason for cutting at all. I trim around my house pretty regular, but I have a DR trimmer which makes life easy.

For the bigger areas a tractor and shredder work best.
 
Back
Top