Export thread

Blade positioning after sharpening

W

wortham

Not sharpest knife in drawer and being in 80's does not help.
I sharpened the blade for first time on my 5.2 Neuron and when I removed blade
had no idea there was two positions and now I do not know which is which.
Can anyone help this challenged old man

reynoldston

reynoldston

It has one blade. The sharp cutting edge go's down. So what other position is there?

MowerMike

MowerMike

It has one blade. The sharp cutting edge go's down. So what other position is there?

I think the cutting edges on the Neuton blade are horizontal and the blade is oriented with the other ends facing inward to lift the cuttings.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I think the cutting edges on the Neuton blade are horizontal and the blade is oriented with the other ends facing inward to lift the cuttings.

Never seen a Neuton so don't know. Don't all mower blades run horizontal? but a rotary mower. I was looking at the blade on the net and it looks like a standard blade to me. Now wouldn't the cutting edge be to the bottom when installed like a standard mower?

MowerMike

MowerMike

Never seen a Neuton so don't know. Don't all mower blades run horizontal? but a rotary mower. I was looking at the blade on the net and it looks like a standard blade to me. Now wouldn't the cutting edge be to the bottom when installed like a standard mower?

I thought you meant that the cutting edges were angled down as is the case with some mulching blades. I think you and I are saying same thing in that the side of the blade that is sharpened will be facing down.

S

shiftsuper175607

Not sharpest knife in drawer and being in 80's does not help.
I sharpened the blade for first time on my 5.2 Neuron and when I removed blade
had no idea there was two positions and now I do not know which is which.
Can anyone help this challenged old man

The wavy edge goes up.

reynoldston

reynoldston

The wavy edge goes up.

yes on the back edge.