Blade bolt won't turn against blade/blade adapter

smrella

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I was able to remove the flywheel and key. It isn't necessarily sheared, but looks rough. What do you guys think? I am about to go out and pick up another one and install.

Attachments

• image (7).jpg
    image (7).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image (6).jpg
    image (6).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 7

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Notice in image #6 the diagonal you see a key way line? That’s the start of a shear. For $1 replace it. Do you want too tear this down again because you didn’t spend a buck?

smrella

Forum Newbie
Threads
Notice in image #6 the diagonal you see a key way line? That’s the start of a shear. For $1 replace it. Do you want too tear this down again because you didn’t spend a buck?

Yeah I can tell the difference now between it and a brand new one. But even after I installed a new one it still didnt fix the problem. Still hard to start and jerks back. Something is definetly wrong with the shaft assembly when the new blade got put one. I am taking it in for repair.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you torque the flywheel nut when you installed the new key. You wouldn’t be the first one who did not get it tight and sheared the key on their first attempt to start the unit.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And check the crank & flywheel for a burr at the key slot.
Usually there is a small one there and unless is removed the taper can not seal & the first time you pull the starter it shifts & takes out the key again.
When it is back together, do a few pulls with the plug lead removed & ignition turned off.
IF it still feels jerky then you are right & there is a mechanical problem elsewhere on the mower