Best Zero Turn - Under $3500

zmister11

Threads
I've narrowed it down to these two choices...need some help deciding!! I know the JD is like 7k new, and the gravely i think is running for 4700 new. Seems like a massive price difference...but how much better is the JD?

bought new in March of 2015. HD 52" deck, Kawasaki 23hp. currently 239 hours, recently serviced, great mower and i found out he has a trailer...so i made a package deal with a 5x10 landscape trailer for $3500...i need a landscape trailer...he paid $1200 for the trailer last year. Everything works great, just slow business-wise.

OR

2013 John Deere Z915 B has 203.0 hours,has a Kohler 23.9 motor. Has a 48 inch 7-iron two commercial deck on it

If it was me , I would get the John Deere. My buddy has that same mower and it cuts really good. And with it being a 2013 with only 203 hours that's a steal!

zmister11

Threads
And if you need a trailer, just look on Craigslist. I always see open trailers for sale on their for cheap.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've narrowed it down to these two choices...need some help deciding!! I know the JD is like 7k new, and the gravely i think is running for 4700 new. Seems like a massive price difference...but how much better is the JD?

bought new in March of 2015. HD 52" deck, Kawasaki 23hp. currently 239 hours, recently serviced, great mower and i found out he has a trailer...so i made a package deal with a 5x10 landscape trailer for $3500...i need a landscape trailer...he paid $1200 for the trailer last year. Everything works great, just slow business-wise.

OR

2013 John Deere Z915 B has 203.0 hours,has a Kohler 23.9 motor. Has a 48 inch 7-iron two commercial deck on it

You can't really compare those two mowers and make a choice. There's a massive price difference because the Gravely HD is a Residential mower with an FR series Kawasaki and the John Deere 900 series is a commercial mower if I'm not mistaken and what engine is on it, is it the Kohler Command? Either mower will do the job your looking to do. You'll just need two consider your needs and how much money you want to spend.

Now as I said before I'm not a fan of Gravely and I'm sure not a fan of JD but personally and IMO and for the limited number of hours you as a homeowner will be putting on the machine the Gravely deal with the trailer looks pretty good and it's two years newer.

zmister11

Threads
You can't really compare those two mowers and make a choice. There's a massive price difference because the Gravely HD is a Residential mower with an FR series Kawasaki and the John Deere 900 series is a commercial mower if I'm not mistaken and what engine is on it, is it the Kohler Command? Either mower will do the job your looking to do. You'll just need two consider your needs and how much money you want to spend.

Now as I said before I'm not a fan of Gravely and I'm sure not a fan of JD but personally and IMO and for the limited number of hours you as a homeowner will be putting on the machine the Gravely deal with the trailer looks pretty good and it's two years newer.

Yeah but if your paying the same price, why not get the commercial machine?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah but if your paying the same price, why not get the commercial machine?

I was assuming or thinking the $3500 package price for the Gravely and Trailer. :confused3: He actually never said how much the JD was.

zmister11

Threads
I was assuming or thinking the $3500 package price for the Gravely and Trailer. :confused3: He actually never said how much the JD was.

Oh that's true. I just saw the title and figured it was $3500 or less

zmister11

Threads
Well did you get one of the mowers?

merkaba

Threads
Still have not pulled the trigger. My father in law is buying my current mower and am waiting for him to pay me before i do anything. It was supposed to be last week, but he ended up having surgery...so hopefully soon. BTW the Gravely HD is $3500 w/ the 5x10 trailer, and the JD is also $3500 for just the mower. Who knows if they will even be available now that it's taking a lot longer than initially expected. I'll keep you all updated with any new info as soon as i have the money and am ready to buy. No sense in inquiring anymore until i have cash in hand.

zmister11

Threads
Still have not pulled the trigger. My father in law is buying my current mower and am waiting for him to pay me before i do anything. It was supposed to be last week, but he ended up having surgery...so hopefully soon. BTW the Gravely HD is $3500 w/ the 5x10 trailer, and the JD is also $3500 for just the mower. Who knows if they will even be available now that it's taking a lot longer than initially expected. I'll keep you all updated with any new info as soon as i have the money and am ready to buy. No sense in inquiring anymore until i have cash in hand.

Good thinking ! Well I can't wait so see what you bring home.

Magsrgod

Threads

I think you'll be in good shape, when I was looking at CL for mowers I noticed they didn't seem to turn over quickly around here!