Best Weed Eater fuel line?

ron350

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need to replace the fuel line on my old Feather Lute Plus trimmer and want the best I can find.

Tygon F-4040-A line lasts about 2 years and then turns hard even with ethanol free gas.
Tygon came out with LP1100 which is yellow like the F-4040-A but is supposed to be ethanol proof.
Now they have a new Tygon LP1200 that is almost clearer and supposed to be better than the LP1100 but no one seams to be selling it yet.

IndyDude

Forum Newbie
Threads
My fuel line gave out after about 10 years.

I replaced mine with some weed killer line that comes from one of those gallon containers that had setting on the shelf.

814QZqWDjYL._SY355_.jpg

I didn't have any money at the time, so I used what was available.

Not sure how long it'll last, but I left it soaking in my racing fuel for 8 hours and it wasn't degraded any, so hopefully it won't break down. Time will tell. :laughing:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't know what its called but I buy plastic fuel line from the local auto parts store. Small in size like 1/8 or 3/16?

Parkmower

Threads
I always but A few feet of the 3-4 different sizes my outdoor equipment supplier has. Stuff they sell is made by oregon. It's like a dollar a foot and good to have on hand.