Best way to patch this deck without welding?

Grekalis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Perhaps using fiberglass can help you. This material is excellent for closing such holes without the need for welding. Fiberglass is easily attached with glue and you can paint over this material on top so that there are no visible signs of repair. My dad also used fiberglass to repair his benchtop jointer. As a result of long use, the case was damaged and dents formed. My father bought fiberglass and special glue and quickly repaired the damage. After the glue had dried, we decided to repaint the entire tool and it looked like new. I also heard that you can use a metal mesh, but we did not have such material and I can not say anything about how much better it is than fiberglass.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Perhaps using fiberglass can help you. This material is excellent for closing such holes without the need for welding. Fiberglass is easily attached with glue and you can paint over this material on top so that there are no visible signs of repair.
No, fiberglass will not work; unless, the operator never hit anything heavier than grass blades. I have seen an owner that tried that on a rider and iit definitely didn't but the car tags did work a little better.

Bange

Threads
As a user, I would be afraid to use a lawn mower in such a situation ... and I would not buy one with a fiberglass deck without a good iron mesh inside.
I say this because, for a brief period, I used a similar cutter and ran over stumps and stones that would most likely break a fiber deck or cause damage to something or someone nearby (windows, car, animals, people), because we can't always remove everything around or see the approach of autonomous beings.
I think that in this case the cheapest and safest option is to replace it, either with a new one or an old one in better condition.