Best upper end residential zero turn

AdamE

Threads
I'm surprised Exmark was barely mentioned. I bought an Exmark Radius last season and couldn't be happier.

I think it's good advice to buy what your local, trusted dealer sells.

CaptFerd

Threads
I'm surprised Exmark was barely mentioned. I bought an Exmark Radius last season and couldn't be happier.

I think it's good advice to buy what your local, trusted dealer sells.
Im with you on the Exmark. Engines are an important factor as well. I prefer the Kawasaki over Briggs and Kohler on the ZTRs. Bad Boy mowers a good choice as well are USA products if you have that kind of preference.

gch

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was in the same boat a few years ago. Wanted to spend around $5000. I stumbled across a used JD Z920M that a home owner bought with less then a 100 hours and paid $5.000 for it. He sold his place and didn’t need it anymore. It’s a great commercial machine to mow my 5 acres. Still have less then 146 hours on it.
Check around your area for a good used Zero turn. But stay away from landscape used mowers.

smalltowntex

Threads
For 1.5 acres you don't need a big mower
I would pop for the EZ335 or 355 Deere.
One of the few mowers that was actually designed from the ground up rather than tossed together from what ever sub assemblies that can be bought cheap
You notice it when you service them , every thing can be accessed reasonably . all nuts are captive all bolts are the same size & the height adjuster is a wheel brace type spanner to fit them all
If possible fitted with a Kohler it will make servicing it a doddle ( again 2 spanners to strip the entire engine )
Amen on the John Deere!!! Best to buy at a dealer.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Exmark Quest with fabricated deck
The Quest is an entry level residential. You have to move up to a Radius E series to get an upper end residential with serviceable transmissions (ZT2800s).
The Quest line is nothing more than dolled up Toro Timecutter.

Vic bellan

Forum Newbie
Threads
How about Walker brand , do some research and history , made in USA !

Brian01

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll just put in a word for the Walker. I bought a well used early-model one 6 or 8 years ago. It has been serving me well since. Walkers are like a piece of engineering plant. Well designed, well built and straight-forward to repair. I mow on all sorts of slopes and through all kinds of grass and undergrowth. The Walker just sucks it up and powers on. The balance is very good so that you can easily turn the machine no matter what angle of slope you are mowing across. If the angle is too steep the machine slides rather than tipping . Did I mention, I do quite like this mower.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Would this be a manicured lawn with tons of shrubs/flowers ect? If so, 0-turns are OUT. They rut the turf terribly. Can drive through any neighborhood and tell what kind of mower was used.

Also 0-turns require you to run over the turf, packing the soil down, about 14 times when the grass is tall.

I agree with Bert. For 1.5 acres, don't need a huge 1500lb 0-turn. Add 2-300 more lbs for the human on board.

I would look for an older, better built, Snapper, SCAG or Deere walk behind. A 42" with BELT DRIVE is plenty. Forget all the hydro nonsense. Belts are way cheaper to maintain. Just wait till your hydros go out $$$$. Some of those hydro synthetic fluids are crazy expensive.

Like this one below.