best inner tube for 18 x 7.50 - 8

jlc60

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro Zero Turn. The rear tire has a leak on the side of the tire. What is the best inner tube that will fit "18 / 7.50 - 8" tire.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Carlisle 320410.

jlc60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Carlisle 320410.
Thank You for your recommendation ot the Carlisle 320410. I was surprised they were made in Vietnam. In Aug. of 1967, I was drafted in the Army to go fight there, but that is OK, as long as they are NOT made in China. They were shipped with USPS "Priority Mail 2-Day" from Brick, New Jersey to Huntsville, AL, that took 8 days. The inner tubes worked very well.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy I wish I knew that you were that close to Elora as I only have 7 of them in stock currently. It is a common size that I use in the 18/20 tires. It would have been 19.51 each with taxes added. Of course you might have gotten a better deal.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Carlisle usually has about as good of products as anyone else.

A leak on the side of the tire is usually suspect of a tire cut and will pinch a tube by tire flex until it fails no matter the brand. Examine it carefully inside because it may need a Boot.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
95+ of the sidewall leaks here are dry rot related but yes boots are needed on occasion. I had 15 x 650-8 the other day where the equipment owner had put 6+ tire plugs in trying to plug a small puncture and never hit the hole. I ended up have to remove all the plugs and boot the tire before tubing it with a 320420 tube.

It still more multiple thread punctures by thorns that I tube after removing all the thorns.

jlc60

Forum Newbie
Threads
My sidewall leaks are caused my me getting to close to metal edging around flower bed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Carlisle usually has about as good of products as anyone else.

A leak on the side of the tire is usually suspect of a tire cut and will pinch a tube by tire flex until it fails no matter the brand. Examine it carefully inside because it may need a Boot.
They crack & fail for two reasons
Firstly they never get hot enough & flex enough when hot to cause the plasticisers in the rummer to migrate to the surface t replace those that the UV has degraded
Secondly no one ( other than me ) bothers to put tyre dressing on the sidewalls to counter cat the effects of the UV rays

This is naturally worse on mowers tat are stored where sunlight can fall on the sides of they tyres 365 days a year
If you cut the printing off the tyre so the sidewalls are a uniform thickness then you won't get the cracking and leaks that originate around the lettering because it is thicker and does not flex as much as the actual sidewalls so acts as a stress concentrator.
This effect is substantially worse on 2 ply tyres than on 4 ply tyres .

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
It appears I've been corrected again. How much I can take I'm not certain so I'll ask my psychiatrist.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Secondly no one ( other than me ) bothers to put tyre dressing on the sidewalls to counter cat the effects of the UV rays
Bert- And me, I dress my tires end of each season.. Goes well with my paste wax jobs..