Best "bang for the buck" in the 5k range........

Browndog67

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guys, first time "new" zero turn mower purchase. Been looking and learning as much as possible before I purchase a new mower. Looked at Hustler Fastrack, Bad Boy, exmark, Husky, Snapper and Toro, Graverly. These are my local dealers. So far, in my 5k range, the 54inch Graverly XL HD appears to be the best bang for the buck. At 5099, it seems to have a good built deck, and ample frame as compared to the others. I think the bad boy was a bigger deck at 60 inches for 4995. It does have a Kaw engine and not a Kolher. One dealer stated a problem with the Kaw. is they do not offer a short block like Kolher if the need arise......one must purchase a complete unit.
As this will be used mainly for home use and not commercial, I think the Graverly HD is somewhere in the middle......bewteen the 3k home units and 8k up commerical units. Not sure if the 3100 drive is "better" than a 28-2900 drive either...... anyway would love to hear anyones thoughts on what is of importance when making comparisons.....thanks..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would narrow your list down to Gravely, Exmark and Toro. Take the spec. sheets side by side and compare. Talking about short blocking, when buying a new unit is a salesmans ploy too steer you in only one direction. Engines for each of there manufactures should all hold up the same if properly maintained. How much are you cutting and do you enjoy being out of the house. This will determine the deck size. Also, unless you don't have a manicured lawn the smaller the deck the better the cut is a basic rule. Distance between trees, berms, etc. may limit the size of the deck to mow effectively. Are you going to mulch, bag or side discharge. Bagging and mulching kits cost extra.