Export thread

belt size

tew45

tew45

I own a 2003 721D and the hydro belts shucked on me out in the vineyard. I need the size of the 38193 belt so I might get a local auto supply store replacement so I can get the mower out of the field quickly. I can get back ups from Grasshopper later. I just need some replacements now. I think they are 1/2 x 33 but I am not sure.

B

bertsmobile1

Well I put your numbers into the Gates belt search web page and it comes up with a belt tensioning pully.
It would help those trying to help you if you gave them the same information that Grasshopper dealer wants from you.
THE MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBERS

BlazNT

BlazNT

Wrong part number. One number short. Both belts are the same check the other one.

tew45

tew45

The part number is correct. I called the Grasshopper support and found the 381903 needs a G after the number to signify a matched set. Grasshopper changed belt size mid 2003 my belts are the later series. the 381904 is early 2003 and before. According to grasshopper, the belt measurement is 33 1/4 inch. I think 33 inch belts would work in a pinch. The 381904 is 34 inch belt.

BlazNT

BlazNT

I own a 2003 721D and the hydro belts shucked on me out in the vineyard. I need the size of the 38193 belt so I might get a local auto supply store replacement so I can get the mower out of the field quickly. I can get back ups from Grasshopper later. I just need some replacements now. I think they are 1/2 x 33 but I am not sure.

38193 is not the same as 381903
I am glad you can buy the belt now.

tew45

tew45

Sorry! Errant fingers on the keyboard sometimes are unavoidable. No excuses just not paying attention!
Hopefully this small bit of info will help others.

tew45

tew45

Found out that the belt size is a 1/2 x 33 size and not critical. Grasshopper calls for matched belts but if they are not matched the arm speeds may need to be adjusted.

P

phillip864

Sure hope you haven't been waiting for this reply but I saw some information at the end of this thread that is wrong. I have a 721D and the pulleys and tensioner pulleys will not accept a 1/2 inch belt, they are only 3/8 inch (.375). I am using Dayco belts on my mower and they work fine. I will have to look up Dayco number (I don't have it in front of me) but if there is any interest, I will post proper number.