Belt prices really "belt" me

Mtn.Mike

Threads
I have a Cub Cadet Commercial M72 Tank and the price of belts is ridiculous. $83 dollars for the mower deck and $90 dollars for the PTO belt.
Yes, I do buy them at NAPA for about 1/5 of what Cub Cadet wants but does anyone know why they charge so much?
I thought things for my John Deere were expensive but "Wow"

Mike :confused2:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most people do not take the time to understand how to measure or identify belt dimensions...
If you know what you are looking for you can buy belts by type and size rather than by application...
The price will be about 1/3 or LESS... KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet Commercial M72 Tank and the price of belts is ridiculous. $83 dollars for the mower deck and $90 dollars for the PTO belt.
Yes, I do buy them at NAPA for about 1/5 of what Cub Cadet wants but does anyone know why they charge so much?
I thought things for my John Deere were expensive but "Wow"

Mike :confused2:

I agree the mark up on prices for regular maintenance items like belts, air filters, oil filters, etc. is obscene. I have two older Craftsman mowers that used an air filter about 3 inches long and half that diameter, $5 each. You can buy a huge car air filter for that much sometimes. What a ripoff. My front drive self propelled mowers use an MTD belt that sells for about $14 at Menards, but I can buy one that fits at TSC for $4 if I go by the size it requires. Kenny V makes a good point on that.