Belt keeps coming off.

RangerJ

Threads
Neighbor replaced a blade spindle and now the belt wont stay on. Husqvarna riding mower/tractor. What do we need to look for ? Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You need to post the model and serial numbers for your unit. We hate throwing out guesses as to how to help you with out knowing which of the hundreds of different models of Husqvarna tractors made. Which blade spindle did he replace?

RangerJ

Threads
Ok thanks ,I will get with him and get that information.

Tbone0106

Threads
Throwing a belt has a lot of different causes. Alignment of the pulleys is critical. (They should rotate as nearly as possible on the same plane, sometimes not possible on a riding mower because the deck moves up and down.) Pulley guards matter; if one is missing, that could cause the problem. Keep in mind that spindle guards, the shields over the outboard pulleys on the deck, often do double duty -- they protect your feet, buty they're also there to keep the belts from flying off. If one is missing, that could be the problem. Even a loose pivot bolt on an idler pulley can do it. A stick or other debris lodged under the tractor can do it.

Amazon just brought me a new set of drive belts for a Huskee Supreme LT I inherited. Now I have to put the dang things on it. I hate belts.

RangerJ

Threads
IMG_5767.PNG
Throwing a belt has a lot of different causes. Alignment of the pulleys is critical. (They should rotate as nearly as possible on the same plane, sometimes not possible on a riding mower because the deck moves up and down.) Pulley guards matter; if one is missing, that could cause the problem. Keep in mind that spindle guards, the shields over the outboard pulleys on the deck, often do double duty -- they protect your feet, buty they're also there to keep the belts from flying off. If one is missing, that could be the problem. Even a loose pivot bolt on an idler pulley can do it. A stick or other debris lodged under the tractor can do it.

Amazon just brought me a new set of drive belts for a Huskee Supreme LT I inherited. Now I have to put the dang things on it. I hate belts.
Thank you.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most likely one of the G belt guides is broken off. I got one customer that everytime he calls complaining the mower throwing belts I find one broken off. They are mounted on each side of the frame near the engine.
1720993327937.png

RangerJ

Threads
Thanks again for the information and the diagram.