Export thread

Belt keeps coming off.

RangerJ

RangerJ

Neighbor replaced a blade spindle and now the belt wont stay on. Husqvarna riding mower/tractor. What do we need to look for ? Thanks

R

Rivets

You need to post the model and serial numbers for your unit. We hate throwing out guesses as to how to help you with out knowing which of the hundreds of different models of Husqvarna tractors made. Which blade spindle did he replace?

RangerJ

RangerJ

Ok thanks ,I will get with him and get that information.

T

Tbone0106

Throwing a belt has a lot of different causes. Alignment of the pulleys is critical. (They should rotate as nearly as possible on the same plane, sometimes not possible on a riding mower because the deck moves up and down.) Pulley guards matter; if one is missing, that could cause the problem. Keep in mind that spindle guards, the shields over the outboard pulleys on the deck, often do double duty -- they protect your feet, buty they're also there to keep the belts from flying off. If one is missing, that could be the problem. Even a loose pivot bolt on an idler pulley can do it. A stick or other debris lodged under the tractor can do it.

Amazon just brought me a new set of drive belts for a Huskee Supreme LT I inherited. Now I have to put the dang things on it. I hate belts.

RangerJ

RangerJ

IMG_5767.PNG
Throwing a belt has a lot of different causes. Alignment of the pulleys is critical. (They should rotate as nearly as possible on the same plane, sometimes not possible on a riding mower because the deck moves up and down.) Pulley guards matter; if one is missing, that could cause the problem. Keep in mind that spindle guards, the shields over the outboard pulleys on the deck, often do double duty -- they protect your feet, buty they're also there to keep the belts from flying off. If one is missing, that could be the problem. Even a loose pivot bolt on an idler pulley can do it. A stick or other debris lodged under the tractor can do it.

Amazon just brought me a new set of drive belts for a Huskee Supreme LT I inherited. Now I have to put the dang things on it. I hate belts.
Thank you.

R

Rivets

Which pulley is the belt coming off? There are different belt guides which may be attached wrong. This manual shows how the belt is routed and the location of the belt guides. https://www-static-nw.husqvarna.com...OM/WNiMexhUkeyb48FWfxknkevX0uY?httproute=True

StarTech

StarTech

Most likely one of the G belt guides is broken off. I got one customer that everytime he calls complaining the mower throwing belts I find one broken off. They are mounted on each side of the frame near the engine.
1720993327937.png

RangerJ

RangerJ

Thanks again for the information and the diagram.