Battery Operated Lawn Mowers

NcgOsh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys

I got Sir Walter Buffalo and looking for buying a Battery Powered Lawn Mower. I found two at Bunnings:

(1) Ryobi Cordless Lawn Mower RLM36 - $499

(2) Bosch Cordless Lawn Mower Rotak 37Li - $499

Which one is best between those two?

Thanks in advance.

NiMa

Threads
Hi Guys

I got Sir Walter Buffalo and looking for buying a Battery Powered Lawn Mower. I found two at Bunnings:

(1) Ryobi Cordless Lawn Mower RLM36 - $499

(2) Bosch Cordless Lawn Mower Rotak 37Li - $499

Which one is best between those two?

Thanks in advance.

NiMa

WELCOME TO LMF, NiMa!

I think they would both be good for your needs.
Here are the websites for both mowers, so you can see the specs:

Ryobi: RYOBI Tools

Bosch: Rotak 37 LI - Cordless lawnmower - Bosch Garden Tools

--The Bosch has a different kind of handle, I would suggest demo-ing one if you can to see if you like it.
--The Ryobi has a 2 in. wider cutting width, if that makes a difference to you.

***YOU CAN COMPARE THE MOWERS EVEN MORE BY LOOKING AT THEIR WEBSITES.

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
I have a Greenworks model 25242 mower, which is the same as the Ryobi, but with a different larger Li-Ion battery. Be advised that the blade is only 15.5" long, whereas the blade on the Bosch is 14.5" long, so the difference in cutting width is only 1". The rear wheels on the Ryobi are farther apart than the front, whereas on the Bosch they are neatly tucked in, so you can do a much better job of cutting close to walls and fences with Bosch and pass through tighter spaces. The grass bag on the Ryobi is considerably larger than the Bosch, so it wins in this regard. My Greenworks (Ryobi) is sturdy and has been reliable. It's handle folds flat, which is convenient for storage. The Bosch is about 10 lbs lighter than the Ryobi. You can expect about a 30 minute run time on a fully charged battery with either mower.

One warning: Both mowers have a maximum cutting height adjustment of 2.75" (70 cm), so if you want to cut your grass longer, you look for a different mower. I replaced the stock 6" front wheels on mine with 7" wheels to bring the cutting height above 3".

Threads
One warning: Both mowers have a maximum cutting height adjustment of 2.75" (70 cm), so if you want to cut your grass longer, you look for a different mower. I replaced the stock 6" front wheels on mine with 7" wheels to bring the cutting height above 3".

Yeah, that is not that tall!