Battery Connections

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
1707319853239.jpeg
If you happen to have c clamps that will fit the situation , they are excellent for connecting most lawn tractor batteries . Heavy duty are best but your light weights will usually work . These pictured when re-positioned to vertical make excellent handles for lifting and carrying .

TonyPrin

Threads
SeniorCitizen, when I saw the photo, I thought the OP was about lifting the battery. What's the advantage of using clamps?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe you'll experience the advantage when you attempt to fit a metric wrench on a U.S. nut or a U.S wrench on a metric nut . No trips to the tool box or back to the tool box .

Have you ever had to clean the corrosion from the battery post , screw , nut and cable end ? The C clamp makes it easy . I suppose we could say the advantage of clamps is they serve 2 purposes .

davis2

Threads
I believe you'll experience the advantage when you attempt to fit a metric wrench on a U.S. nut or a U.S wrench on a metric nut . No trips to the tool box or back to the tool box .

Have you ever had to clean the corrosion from the battery post , screw , nut and cable end ? The C clamp makes it easy . I suppose we could say the advantage of clamps is they serve 2 purposes .
Three... Additional real estate for a short circuit, too!

wickedgoodoutdoors

Threads
Actually Brass works best but in keeping with the cheap shinese construction just go with old steel pliers.

Attachments

• Plier Battery Clamp.jpg
    Plier Battery Clamp.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1

wickedgoodoutdoors

Threads
Dont forget to go for a quick swim at the beach before picking to the C clamp Battery holders. The Salt Water makes it more fun!