Bank Charges

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy my bank thinks I am an idiot. They sent out a letter saying they are improving my account. It mainly proving their bottom line as they are going from no fee to $12 per month. I switching over to the local CU which I meet the requirements and have online banking. I don't need payroll management.

That like when they wanted $10 per check to block an allotment of 200 new checks that got lost in the mail. My solution was to just to close the personal account. Saved myself $2000.

At least I got a month to get things switched over.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have a 7 figure back account, you get a personal account manager , a dongle for computer banking and continual updates on how to make more money from your money
If you have a 6 figure balance then you get ignored.
If you have less than that you get done over
The bank that tried to charge me $ 20 a month because I was not doing any transactions got a transaction
I close the account that my mother set up for me when I was born .
Then Dunn & Bradstreet got my business confused with another one of a similar name that was turning over $ 11,000,000 /pa and the bank sent a financial advisor to my home 3 times they offered to restore the old account and repay the fees if I put my business account into their bank
I told them to take a hike
Switched to a credit union & will never go back to a bank again.
In fact I have changed this account 4 times as when credit unions get big , they decide to become fully fledged banks to "provide the customers with a wider range of improved services "
which is bank speak for doing you over with hidden fees and paying the directors massive bonuses which a credit union can not do in OZ

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would use my current CU but it is a little hard to take in my deposites since they are about 500 miles away and I definitely don't the US mail system when moving my money around. I still use them for credit card services as the local bank doesn't even offer credit cards just unsafe debit cards.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a commercial checking account that is connected to a business credit card. They charge me $5 a month service fee. Everything else is free. I run everything for the business through them. I try to buy everything for the business with the credit card. I deposit checks with my phone and get cash back for using the credit card. Of course every month i get mail offering me up to $100,000 credit to expand my business. No thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
My last bank refuse to loan the money to buy my current home but two months after I had brought it they sent out a letter saying they could lower my monthly mortgage payments. So I went in but they couldn't do negative payments.:ROFLMAO: I had went ahead and paid cash for my home. Saved tons of interest payments. Oh it hurt to do it as I was cash strap for a while but I have been putting what would have been payments to bank for interest away.

It funny the loan officer said they didn't know I had $75K in cash and if they would had gladly loaned me the money.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't do phone banking at all
US banks might know about proper security but Australian banks definatly do not
I ride with a techie from a major bank & he only ever does over the counter transactions.
So it is cash or cheques for my customers .
I do allow the commercial one to make direct deposits but not regular ones and definately not casual customers .
I pay by cheque as well
So the cheque book IS my ledger
Tomorow is bank day so off to my credit union then around to the branches to pay my suppliers by depositing a cheque ( which they will not take directly ) into their accounts.
Takes a few minutes to do but only done once a month
For on line purchases I use PayPal so no fees to me.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
My bank says they pay interest on my checking account but give me what they call monthly interest then charge a monthly for that amount shees what a scam.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I make all online purchases i can with paypal using my commercial credit card. I haven't written a check on my commercial checking account in years. When you hand somebody a check they have your bank routing and account number. All someone needs to take money from your account. I do everything electronic or with credit card. Only time i go to the bank is to deposit cash. A third party payment service like paypal or zelle is more secure than any paper payment. Older folks pay in check or cash. The under 30 folks usually want to use a cash app sonce i don't take credit cards.

Armana

Forum Newbie
Threads
Using a CU I pay no fees and get CC/Debit card privileges. Free ATM everywhere. I have two different checking and a savings with them. I have the debit tied to a smaller checking for security purposed and primarily use PayPal for most of my purchases. But money left in banks and CUs is depreciating at that 9+% inflation rate. I’m looking into Govt I-bonds and may transfer my excess cash there.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Using a CU I pay no fees and get CC/Debit card privileges. Free ATM everywhere. I have two different checking and a savings with them. I have the debit tied to a smaller checking for security purposed and primarily use PayPal for most of my purchases. But money left in banks and CUs is depreciating at that 9+% inflation rate. I’m looking into Govt I-bonds and may transfer my excess cash there.
You might think I am crazy but I haven't had an ATM or debit card since 2006. Most purchases are cash or CC. I simply don't want a debit card as I have already had my CC stolen 4 times since I got it.

And I lived with a $1000 credit limit on CC until last year when I had it bumped to $2000. But purchases are falling off with CC due to vendors charging a surcharge for it use. I can put to better use the $50+ that would cost to use the CC now.