Badboy

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
You may not have read my entire post.

Carscw is very knowledgable about lawn care. He has a lawn care business. He is thinking economical, and he is right that is a lot of mower for your job. However, if you can afford it and you want to mow 3 plus acres in 2 hours or less then you have made a fine choice. You will get a very good mower for 5000 no matter what brand you choose. I only had 1 acre to mow when I purchased my snapper pro s150xt two years ago. I sold my house this winter and purchased one closer to where I'm from and now have 4.2 acres to mow. My wife complained to me that I purchased more mower than I had lawn when I bought it. She isn't complaining now lol. Mowing with a zero turn is also a lot of fun. I hated mowing that 1 acre with my old tractor mower. I have a blast mowing with my zero turn now.

Cocoa Audie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I usually go the way with the overkill but I have a little time yet to decide. There wasn't that much difference in price between the 52 and 48 and I would always question my decision if I went with the smaller stamped deck series and I have to one up my new neighbor's Toro anyway. Hell my motor scooter goes over a 100mph (Burgman 650 Exec). The common area alone would make up the difference and I can always pick up a yard or two more. Who knows, I might get me a Christmas Float and pull up and down the street LOL.

Audie

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I usually go the way with the overkill but I have a little time yet to decide. There wasn't that much difference in price between the 52 and 48 and I would always question my decision if I went with the smaller stamped deck series and I have to one up my new neighbor's Toro anyway. Hell my motor scooter goes over a 100mph (Burgman 650 Exec). The common area alone would make up the difference and I can always pick up a yard or two more. Who knows, I might get me a Christmas Float and pull up and down the street LOL.

Audie

Overkill isn't a bad thing if you can afford it. If you have more mower than you do lawn you will get done much quicker, and the mower will last years longer than a regular residential mower. I am a fan of all brand commercial mowers. They are built so much better than residential models.

Nwatson99

Threads
I looked and played with a BadBoy elite and magnum mowers at the tractor supply this past Sat while I was there getting a pump for my sprayer. The elite it is a descent mower and built pretty good for a residential mower.
26hp Kholer engine is what is had for power, deck was pretty good with flat bar on the bottom like the JD decks are.
warranty was descent had a 2 year on it, but to remove you hand from the control arm to press the toggle switch to raise the deck was not impressive at all.
Magnum decent mower for home as well, just like a mini version of the elite.

Both had little gas tanks which is alright I guess for smaller yards.

What commercial models are you guy buying?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nwatson99, I believe Cocoa Audie has his mind set on the gravely pro turn 52". I must admit I have never been around gravely mowers, but there are several on here who like them a lot.

Nwatson99

Threads
Nwatson99, I believe Cocoa Audie has his mind set on the gravely pro turn 52". I must admit I have never been around gravely mowers, but there are several on here who like them a lot.

Hey Shughes Gravely is a very nice machine and if they had a better set-up for adjusting everything and some features like the Deere has I would be sporting the 460 right now myself.
If Altoz makes a few changes to their machines that will most likely be my next ride in 4 years.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Shughes Gravely is a very nice machine and if they had a better set-up for adjusting everything and some features like the Deere has I would be sporting the 460 right now myself.
If Altoz makes a few changes to their machines that will most likely be my next ride in 4 years.

Altos is a very cool looking mower, but it bet the cost is outrageous.

katit

Threads
I do have one issue where, since new, the mower seems to track to the left when bars are both fully engaged. Maybe someone can give info on this?

This drove me crazy, but it's easy to fix, just make sure you understand what you do.

1. Lift back of the mower so the rear wheels in the air.
2. Remove wires from seat switch and shorten them together so mower does not die if you not on a seat.
3. Start engine, bring arms together and start moving them both forward, keep them at the same level!
4. You will see which wheel engages first.
5. Adjust hydro on opposite wheel. It's a rod with nuts, pretty easy to adjust. Adjust one way, try #3 and see what it did.
6. Keep adjusting until both wheels start turning at about the same time.

Took me 15 minutes, now it runs straight line.

greeen

Threads
I agree on the deck lift/mounting concerns. The decks are heavy built but mounting is so solid...if you hit anything you will stop immediately. I like to be able to quickly lift the deck with the foot control too. I think they were trying to one-up the competition with the electric lift but technology is not always a good thing.

The uphill battle that any relatively new company faces is concerns about resale value, for those that care. What would sell for more, a used Toro or a Bad Boy?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree on the deck lift/mounting concerns. The decks are heavy built but mounting is so solid...if you hit anything you will stop immediately. I like to be able to quickly lift the deck with the foot control too. I think they were trying to one-up the competition with the electric lift but technology is not always a good thing.

The uphill battle that any relatively new company faces is concerns about resale value, for those that care. What would sell for more, a used Toro or a Bad Boy?

Toro definately its reputation speaks for itself. While bad boy needs to build a reputation