BadBoy Maverick HD Starts and Runs Fine Then Engine Surges

StarEye

Forum Newbie
I seem to be having the same issue as Mr. Stupid on this Forum. I have a 2024 Maverick HD (Kohler EFI engine) with only 32 hours on it. I baby the machine, keep it immaculate and store it in the garage. I've had the issue since about 5 hours on the machine. It starts fine and will run fine cutting short,dry grass for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour and then the engine surges as it's going to cutoff or running out of gas, BUT the engine suddenly recovers and I'm able to continue cutting for a while until it does it again. The interval between cutting fine and the engine surging is variable, seems to occur after the engine is hot and been running a while. Now the surging is occurring more often, than the initial occurrence. I have changed the fuel filter and use fresh gas. I add an additive to the fuel. The machine is new. Am I having an electrical issue with a safety switch (seat or brake), do I have a continuing vapor lock issue? HELP !!!
 
If the unit is still under warranty, I would take a to the dealer where you purchased it. Kohler EFI engine can be touchy and voiding warranty can be expensive. Read my signature
 
If the unit is still under warranty, I would take a to the dealer where you purchased it. Kohler EFI engine can be touchy and voiding warranty can be expensive. Read my signature
Thank you Rivets for your response. It should still be under warranty. I believe the Kohler engine is warranted for 3 years (I purchased the mover 5/30/24) so I should be good on the warranty. Transporting the unit to an authorized repair shop is expensive so if it's a simple fix (broken wire, blown fuse, etc.) I'd like to tackle it myself.
 
Back
Top