Bad Boy deck vibration

Pat Gross

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a problem with vibration and shaking of the deck when blades engaged. I put on new blades. No help, Found set screws missing from pulleys and lock collars. Worn key way on spindle. Replaced spindle and new bearings on other two. Drilled and tapped second set screw on pulleys and lock collars. Still shakes. Observed belts slapping from back drive pulley to deck. Tightened belt adjustment but no help. No more room the tighten belt. Ordered new belt as I think the original belt has stretched. Waiting for belt.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
did you check the balance of the blades before you fitted them ?

Mower King

Threads
I have a problem with vibration and shaking of the deck when blades engaged. I put on new blades. No help, Found set screws missing from pulleys and lock collars. Worn key way on spindle. Replaced spindle and new bearings on other two. Drilled and tapped second set screw on pulleys and lock collars. Still shakes. Observed belts slapping from back drive pulley to deck. Tightened belt adjustment but no help. No more room the tighten belt. Ordered new belt as I think the original belt has stretched. Waiting for belt.
Did you ever find your vibration problem? What year and hours are on your mower?

As far as the set screws go, BB uses collars w/set screws for spacers on several spots on the mower and they don't tighten the set screws (because they act as spacers only) and the screws come but, the collars on the spindles and the all the pulley set screws, should be tight!

I hope you ordered an O.E.M. belt from Bad Boy?

Pat Gross

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever find your vibration problem? What year and hours are on your mower?

As far as the set screws go, BB uses collars w/set screws for spacers on several spots on the mower and they don't tighten the set screws (because they act as spacers only) and the screws come but, the collars on the spindles and the all the pulley set screws, should be tight!

I hope you ordered an O.E.M. belt from Bad Boy?

Pat Gross

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought it in July 2014 and has 383 hours. Ordered the belt through Amazon, hasn't arrived yet. The deck shakes pretty bad. You can watch the belt jump. Looked for a notch in the belt, found none. Sounds like a threshing machine. Removed belt and all pulleys seem smooth and quiet. Ran the drive pulley without the belt , sounded fine. Lot of belt slap to the back of the drive pulley.