Backpack blower forum

gunns

Threads
I’m searching for a good forum that addresses backpack blowers. I can’t find any assistance on this forum. Maybe I’m just looking in the wrong areas. I have an Echo PB580T backpack blower 3yrs old. It starts ok, 3 pulls, and runs fine. It starts and runs fine any where from as much as an hour or so and then sometimes as little as 5min. It then suddenly stops without any warning like it would if it had run out of gas. It’s just like I’d turned it off with the kill switch. I highly suspected the possibility that the kill switch was shorting out. I disconnected the grounding lead from the kill switch cable where it’s attached to the metal chassis. It still wouldn’t start. I checked for spark with a spark tester with the kill switch on run and off and both resulted in a good bright spark. This didn’t make sense to me. I’d expect no spark if the Killswitch was in the off position. When running the floor performs just like the day I bought it. I did a compression check and the compression checks fine. I don’t know but maybe it has to do with the ignition module.

Has anyone experienced the same issue or knows of a form that addresses backpack blowers?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When it dies suddenly if you can take off the air cleaner and spray a bit of starting fluid or carb cleaner in the carb and try to start it. If it doesn't fire suspect plug or coil. If it fires up for a couple seconds carb problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
firstly your suspicions are corect should be spark with switch on & no spark switch off.
Not familiar with that model & do noy have any infomation for it.
Generally chain saw forums will have more information on blowers than mower forums
Arbourists forums tend to be good as well
OPE would be a good place to start .

gunns

Threads
Also posted on the arborist web site