B&S Pushrods

Texas6559

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all I recently picked up a Craftsman Lt1000 with a briggs&stratton 17.5 hp ohv

the mower runs but rough. I pulled the cover off and i have a bent pushrod. I'm having trouble finding the correct part. maybe someone here can help me out. I tried looking up the model numbers on the mower itself but it's showing a newer model then what i have. I also tried looking up the model number on the engine. Ill attach my pics below of the information about the mower. thanks.

Parts needed:
2x pushrods
2x rocker arms

Attachments

• bs3.png
    bs3.png
    331.1 KB · Views: 5
  • modeltrac.png
    modeltrac.png
    517.5 KB · Views: 3
  • engine.png
    engine.png
    369.5 KB · Views: 4

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Slomo beat me to it
Why do people seem afraid to go to the manufacturers web page & download the IPL's & manuals ?
It is not rocket science
So before you do the brain dead "ask google" who will show you all the sites they are paid to show you, try Briggs & Stratton .

Next the big question is WHY did the pushrods bend ?
Something has prevented the rockers from moving the full distance that the pushrods are trying to move them.
BEnt pushrods are not the actual problem, they are a symptom of the problem.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Typical causes may be over heating and never performed valve clearance checks which should be required yearly. Rockers will get so loose and could bind up the push rods. Fall out of the rocker slot and get under the rocker arm side plate reinforcing part.

slomo

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Out of adjustment valves do cause problems but bending pushrods is seldom (if ever) one of them. Pushrods get bent when the cam tries to open the valve farther than the valve itself can travel. This is usually caused by overheating which makes it easier for the press-fit valve guide to move out of the head and creating an obstacle for the valve spring retainer to collide with.

Tinkerer200

Threads
As said above, I suspect a valve guide has move. Should not be more than 1/8" above head casting. B&S says no fix, I have permanent and cheap fix IF that is the problem. I can send you a Service Manual and Fix IF you want, address below, put in proper format and remind me engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com