B&S no power

Geochurchi

Threads
Hi, from what I can tell it is the correct spring, it’s hard to find a part # but looking at different parts sites it’s the only number listed.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did U watch the video every thing goes toward wide open. loosen governor arm clamp set throttle wide open turn the governor shaft in the same direction and lock the clamp bolt. If you set it the wrong way it can blow the governor gear and U have to replace it. If it is working properly U can try to move the governor arm wide open and it should push back on you. A governor works like this the spring tries to blow it up and the governor tries to save it. The balance between the 2 when properly set is top no load speed.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Reference no 209 on the break down part no 698719. The reference no for the governor spring on all Briggs engines is 209

Geochurchi

Threads
That’s the spring I have and it’s to short, didn’t see a video of this particular engine, the instructions that I used was to pull the governor rod in the direction that closed the throttle and watch the direction the governor shaft moves ,CCW, loosen clamp and turn shaft CCW and tighten clamp , that all seemed correct when I started.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Engine OFF, governor holds throttle WIDE OPEN. Engine ON, gov attempts to CLOSE THE THROTTLE.

That spring tries to OPEN the throttle at all times. Spring tension dependent, determines how far throttle valve is opened.

Still betting you've connected the spring AT the wrong spot, shortening the spring, over reving the engine.

You shouldn't have to mess with the governor arm unless someone has been playing around with it.

Take a picture of the spring in question from several angles. Post it up here.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Or make a video even better. Post it on youtube and link it here.

Geochurchi

Threads
Hi, I don’t do Utube, I was trying to upload a video but it won’t work.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What was the issue?

Glad to hear she's a runner.