B&S ILLUSTRATED PARTS LISTS

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ordered dipstick tube, "o" rings, & dipstick for B&S Vanguard 23 h.p. vertical engine, suspected threads on both parts were stripped out, dipstick would not tighten. Part numbers were correct but parts received were wrong as was parts on illustrated parts diagram. After careful inspection I noticed dipstick tube was missing bottom mounting ear with hole for mounting with bolt to oil sump. I also noticed dipstick oil level markings were different from original dipstick. The reason the dipstick would not tighten onto dipstick tube assy. was because an "o" ring was inside dipstick cap, not suppose to be there, preventing dipstick from tightening up on tube assy. My youngest son & I were changing oil & filter on oldest sons tractor so we replaced "o" rings on dipstick tube after draining oil & removed "o" ring from dipstick cap, good to go. Part numbers were 692101 for dipstick & 692093 for dipstick tube. You can google 692093 & see different dipstick tubes. I did business with Jacks Small Engines & they are very Professional. Jacks knew what I was talking about as far as part numbers being correct but illustrated parts diagram parts were wrong, said they had talked to man in charge of B&S illustrated parts diagrams & they were very much behind in making corrections.

Last edited: