B&S HYDROLOCKED

muddy51

Threads
my old 10hp snapper hydrolocked once. I hadn't started it in about a week. Electric starter wouldn't turn the engine over so I put the battery charger on it. Hmmm....acts like the battery isn't dead.
So I pulled the dipstick andit had about a pint of "extra" oil. I had forgotten to close the inline fuel valve. First I removed the spark plug, then cleaned the needle and seat, then changed the oil and then reinstalled the spark plug. it started right up and ran fine

CaptFerd

Threads
By the Model provided it has over head lifters. Put your old carb back on and adjust the lifters. Make sure they are getting good lift that the cam is not worn. Happed to mine. Couldnt hardly pull the rope it was so hard.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Old craftsman hydrolocked on me long ago, I removed the spark plug & hit the key, gas shot out like crap thru as goose.

I changed the oil a couple times after I got the piece of crud outta the carbs' needle valve, & added a shutoff petcock.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most people will run the engine in a flooding condition and rely on a shutoff to kill the motor. Basically not fixing the needle.

slomo