B&S carb 214661 cleaning

B&S carb 214661 B31
Is this normal? While spraying carb cleaning fluid and compressed air into what I believe is the atmospheric air vent for the float bowl (see right arrow in pic) the fluid exits from under the welsh plug (left arrow in pic).
B&S 6 hp ohv model 11A682 0118 E1

BBM
 

Attachments

  • Image5 close-up.jpg
    Image5 close-up.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 12
  • welsh plug.jpg
    welsh plug.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 8
B&S carb 214661 B31
Is this normal? While spraying carb cleaning fluid and compressed air into what I believe is the atmospheric air vent for the float bowl (see right arrow in pic) the fluid exits from under the welsh plug (left arrow in pic).
B&S 6 hp ohv model 11A682 0118 E1

BBM

Check out this video, ....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0KqcHO650Y

OH yeah, .... please put your undies back on before cleaning your carb !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:
 
when using your compressor to blow through carb holes it is very important to drop down th pressure.
Blasting a 0.045" diameter hole with 120 psi can jamb debris up there so tight it can ever be removed.
It is always better to blow backwards into the float bowl than the other way.
 
Check out this video, ....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0KqcHO650Y

OH yeah, .... please put your undies back on before cleaning your carb !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Thanks Boo;
I had seen that video a few weeks ago.
LOL I take it that was a dig on my screen name. It’s cool I’ve been living with that nickname for over 40 years. This is what the gold miners called me when I was prospecting/working the Middle Yuba River. I like skinny dipping in the river.

BBM
 
SORRY I'm NOT !! ...:laughing: just couldn't resist ..... I get that way ya know !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:
 
Back
Top