B&S 20HP TATOR WIRING

JUST JOE

Forum Newbie
Threads
HAVE A CRAFTSMAN LT1000 THAT PREVIOUS OWNER THREW A ROD. HAVE A B&S 20HP INTEK TWIN CYLINDER I PUT IN, JUST TRYING TO GET INFO ON WIRING THE STATOR IN ORIGINAL HARNESS. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
will need the model number of the twin engine. should be stamped into one of the valve covers.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
On top that the LT1000 Tater could be built by Husqvarna or MTD so that side wiring harness can different too so it model number from the serial number is needed to lookup a possible wiring schematic. Usually the engine will interface with a 2x3 Molex connector housing. This is usually a just plug and play connection other than if you are going from a dual circuit to voltage regulator setup.

JUST JOE

Forum Newbie
Threads
will need the model number of the twin engine. should be stamped into one of the valve covers.
Unable to locate. Will keep checking. Turns over but no spark so I got something miswired

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Try posting the complete engine number along with the mower actual model number from the serial number tag.

1667208984367.png
Hopefully you haven't burned up your ignition coils and harness.

shadetree#1

Threads
We need the following info to give you a logical answer.
Model number, type #, code # of the removed engine.

Same info from the installed engine.

Name and Model number of the machine (tractor).

Hope you have not already burned out the ignition coils.
If it's cranking and no spark, you need to disconnect the black kill wire coming from the ignition coils and check for spark. Heads up if the engine starts with the wire disconnected you will need to GROUND this wire to kill the engine FAST. I would removed both spark plug wires to reduce a chance of it starting.

If it's a single cylinder engine you removed the engine wiring is different is why we need all the above requested info including the tractor model number so as to see the tractor kill/charge/ and start wiring.