B&S 20hp surging,

handirifle

Threads
Funny thing is, it stopped surging. Must have been something in a jet that cleared up. It pops a little, every now and then, but otherwise seems to run fine. This with the "sleeved" exhaust valve seat. So far so good. Maybe I will tinker with the bowl screw and see if anything improves.

I am amazed at how this engine just wants to keep on running. Its saving me $$$$ every time I use it.:thumbsup:

jakesmurray

Threads
Funny thing is, it stopped surging. Must have been something in a jet that cleared up. It pops a little, every now and then, but otherwise seems to run fine. This with the "sleeved" exhaust valve seat. So far so good. Maybe I will tinker with the bowl screw and see if anything improves.

I am amazed at how this engine just wants to keep on running. Its saving me $$$$ every time I use it.:thumbsup:

I don't know if this will help or not, but my engine was popping a little and a guy tuned the carb a little and now it runs like new! He said to set the throttle at idle and try to achieve the highest rpms by turning the bottom screw on the carb. Not the float bowl screw, but the one just above the bowl. It may help your popping problem.