Auto Choke to Manual Conversion Help

Threads
After a lengthy delay, I am back to working on the John Deere 2003 L120 lawn tractor I found abandoned in a shed. The choke cable had been cut for some reason and the auto choke system wasn't working right, which I believe was why I couldn't get it started.I have replaced the choke cable and would now like to convert the auto choke to manual. I can't seem to find any definitive directions on doing so. Any suggestions?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It might help to know which model and type number of the engine you have since that came with 12 different engines and none list as year specific.

Threads
It might help to know which model and type number of the engine you have since that came with 12 different engines and none list as year specific.
The engine is a B&S Model 331877 0241 B1 Code 11093020

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You will need to remove the engine shroud so you can remove the carburetor as this is way to save the auto choke link otherwise you cut it to remove it. On the of the air filter tube you find a place to put the cable and you will need a cable clamp and screw to do this. The cable is clamp in place after hook the z bend in the choke lever on the carburetor. Re-install the engine shroud and adjust the choke cable for for closure.

BTW someone has replaced the previous engine with a smaller one as I am showing it has to had a v-twin Briggs engine.

Threads
Thanks! I agree that the engine has been replaced. I don't know when or why. I found the mower abandoned on a foreclosed property I was hired to clean. Just thought it.would be a.fun rebuild project and fir general use around my property.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
With the manual choke you would get a few rpm on the top end since the auto-choke chokes it at max throttle.