Export thread

Arrowhead starters

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Does anyone on here have experience with the brand Arrowhead? The starter on my Mule is going out ($50 Chinese special, only 8 months old) I can't afford the kawasaki OEM right now, and i see Jacks small engines carries this brand of starter for that fits my model for only $73
Or does Stens or any other small engine aftermarket parts supplier sell a substitute for Kawasaki 21163-2109?
engine model and spec is FE290D-DS08

I

ILENGINE

Stens doesn't carry it, but I suspect since it is limited to the UTV market aftermarket parts will be limited. I am surprised Stens doesn't carry it since they are owned by Arrowhead.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Thanks for the reply Ilengine, so arrowhead makes the starters that stens sells, correct? I may go for it then since i;ve used stens starters and solenoids on other equipment before with good results.

I

ILENGINE

As far as I know Scrub Arrowhead is making the starters for Stens.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

As far as I know Scrub Arrowhead is making the starters for Stens.
That's good enough for me (y)

B

bertsmobile1

If Jacks are stocking a brand then it should be a reliable product regardless of weather Stens use them as well.
It is the stuff from unknown virtual vendors on evilpay & amazon that you should be suspicious of because they have nothing to loose by selling known faulty products and regularly do

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

the last starter i had before this Chinesium one was sold by D&B electrical, it lasted for 7 years, unfortunately they discontinued it, and they told me to look at Arrowhead starters, (arrowhead probably made it for them)

B

bertsmobile1

We had a clot ( or thief if you like ) bring in a container load of junk 2 pole Briggs starter a few years ago
He flogged them on Amazon, ebay, Gumtree & face book relentlessly as "high toque , high power, long starters .
and dimensionally they were just that and provided the mowers had good batteries most got by with them fitted .
However if ou needa new starter that is usually because you have a power problem in the first place , or the ACR is not happening .
I have a 13 gallon drum 1/2 full of them waiting for the scrap man to collect next month.
All of them with armatures burned to a crisp.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

well first i decided to go the cheap route, i bought a new Stens solenoid, started right up 3 times, then back to clicking... starter motor doesn't even spin. i have 12.73 volts at the trigger wire when in start position, and 12.75 at the + lug on the solenoid.
the circuit relay,safety switch, and key switch all test good.
the battery 0nly drops to 12.2 volts when it does start.